Everyone Is A Scientist is a fun, hands on introduction to science and scientific thinking, using senses to observe, have a guess and then have a test! This chemistry workshop familiarises children with the idea that when two or more things mix, they can produce a third totally different thing. This is a very messy workshop, so if it is run as an incursion, access to a sink and cleaning facilities is a must. All items used are taste safe. (45-60mins)
Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Frameworks
Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children feel safe, secure and supported
- Children will be encouraged to express their ideas and feelings through observations of experiments in a group setting
Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children become strong in their social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing
- Children will accept new challenges to make discoveries.
- Children take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing
- Children will use their sensory capabilities to explore and respond to the world.
- Children will manipulate equipment and tools safely and for a purpose.
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
- Children develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity
- Children develop a range of skills and processes such as problem solving, inquiry, experimentation, hypothesising, researching and investigating
- Children transfer and adapt what they have learnt from one context to another
- Children resource their own learning through connecting with people, place, technologies and natural and processed materials
Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
- Children interact verbally and non-verbally with others for a range of purposes
- Children respond to their sensory explorations